Saturday 9 May 2015

Not Insomnia

Not exactly. I was sleeping very well when Ton Ton jumped off the bed at 12.40 am. Fearing that he would pee on the carpet, although unlikely since he just peed at 9 pm, I opened the bedroom door to let him out. But he didn't seem to want to pee. So we went back into the bedroom where I tossed & turned for an hour before deciding to make creme brulee.

It's not random. I was going to make it in the morning but since I couldn't get back to sleep, I might as well do it. Creme brulee uses only the yolks so I usually pair it up with meringue to use up the whites. This time, I decided to make macaroons instead. I've only ever done it once. It was supposedly very hard to get right. A friend, Chef E, would throw the entire batch away if they don't form "feet". I was lucky the 1st time. This batch that I made didn't form "feet" & were flat. Fail! Of course, I'm too cheapo to throw them out. (Almond meal is very ex.) I just can't serve it to guests later. I'll just try again the next time I'm making creme brulee.

So here I am, sitting in the living room at almost 5 am in the morning. Agenda will be quite packed later. We'll have to get ingredients for steamboat, return the library books (just realised that they are due today) & clean the house. I would have vacuumed the floor if not for fear I'll wake the neighbours. Yep, so I guess I shall return to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment