Monday 14 April 2014

18 Days To Go

I think the reality of the move is starting to sink in for hubs. All of a sudden, he wants to visit USS, Night Safari & even Haw Par Villa. He wants to try dishes that received good reviews at various hawker centres. I'm gonna indulge him for USS since he's never been there before. He's stopping work at the end of the week & has requested to go USS next Tuesday. Then he wants to watch multiple movies before we leave. I think we watched in a month the number of movies we usually watch in a year.

I've been meeting up with some of my closer friends & there'll be a few more to come. We met up with hub's friends for dinner at Pu Tien yesterday, winning 2 mugs from the scratch & win. He wants to bring them to Perth & I agree. It's a nice reminder of the happy times with his friends. My relatives want to meet us for dinner, we'll be heading to my MIL's for dinner coming Saturday, the list goes on.

I'm conflicted in my feelings. A new path is waiting for us, filled with trepidations yet full of hope for the future. But at the same time, I'm filled with sorrow leaving everyone behind. Sure, we'll meet again. Either on our visits back to SG or their vacations in Perth, though the earlier being more probable. It just won't be the same. No matter how much of an introvert I am, when I open up to someone, I take those relationships seriously. I still feel the pinch long after people "drop" me, leaving me to wonder was our friendship merely a farce. I know this is the rite of life, it happens all the time. Acceptance doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt.

I'm mostly packed, though some stuff will have to wait till the last minute, like my laptop. I'm certain of the fact that we're going to utilise the entire 60 kg baggage allowance. At the present moment, we have 4 pieces of luggages & 1 backpack (for laptop & items that I don't feel safe to check in). Check in luggages are already at 42.5 kg, with more items to go. I have a feeling that by the time I'm done, my suitcase will be bursting at the seams.

No comments:

Post a Comment