Saturday 5 April 2014

It's Written In The Cards

I know some people associate tarot with occult practices. In this modern scientific times, relying on tarot to tell your future seems a foolish thing to do. I've never viewed tarot as a fortune telling tool. Your future is in your hands & with each decision you make, your future changes. I don't know how it works but tarot tells you your life story, bringing to surface what is in your subconscious mind.

I picked up tarot many years back, my interest piqued by the then popular series, Charmed. It was a show about 3 sisters who found out that they are witches, blessed with magical powers. They used their power for good. With everything, your intention determines if something is good or evil. 善恶只在一念之差。

I haven't picked up my deck for a few years now, left forgotten on my shelf. I uncovered it while going through my stuff, packing for the big move. So I did a couple of readings & they were accurate. Till now, I don't know how it is so. This is my latest reading, my question being is everything going to be alright with regards to the move.

1st card tells the past: Ace of Cups. As with all aces, it signifies a new beginning. This card tells me that I have been planning for a new project or job that I feel passionately about & that this new undertaking offers me a chance to actualize a long-held dream. I will have to invest efforts over a long period to fulfill it. Sounds familiar?

2nd card tells the present: Knight of Wands. This is a card of change. It means a job change, relocation or shift in responsibilities is likely. It's time to challenge yourself & take a few risks.

3rd card tells of the future: 4 of Swords. This card represents solitude & contemplation. Draw away from the outside world & tend to your inner world through meditation, rest & spiritual practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment