Friday 18 April 2014

Counting Down: 2 Weeks

2 am last night, I received a message from my pal of 17 years that he's back in SG. He moved to Oslo, Norway last year & this is his 1st visit back. I'm thrilled to have him back, having a chance to meet up with him. He's leaving 1 day after me on 3rd May. A meet up has been arranged for next Wednesday. Coincidently, Sam is having his off day on Wed. With 2 out of the 3 of us ditching, every chance to meet up becomes all the more precious. We know not when we'll have the chance to have all 3 of us gathered together.

Striking off another pre-migration agenda. Called Singtel to terminate my broadband & Mio TV on 28th April so I'll have time to return the TV box. Our mobile numbers will be terminated on 3rd May, when we've landed on Ozzie ground. I have to pay early termination penalty for 2 services though. I'm just retaining my home line for their usage.

Hubby is obsessed with the do-as-much-as-we-can-before-leaving now. He's been pestering me for days to call up Grace Court Vegetarian for their buffet which I finally did today. So yeah, we're going on Monday. In just the span of a few days, I've effectively filled up my weekdays with activities. We've changed Tuesday to movie day since the tickets for GV is cheaper with the Popcorn card on Tues. I have a Soka meeting on Tues evening. Meeting the guys on Wed. So I'm thinking of pushing USS to Thurs. Dolly & Sharon even proposed a meet up on 1st May. 

The next thing I need to do is to close my StandChart account & decide what I want to do with the money. Either transfer to my NAB or POSB account. Let's see how much is left after I've paid for Ton's relocation. I definitely need to finish packing my check in luggage & ensure they do not exceed the weight limit. I've also found a way to solve my problem of bringing all my AUD in cash. I'm gonna head to Singpost & get them to issue me with an international bank draft. This will be done after the 28th so I can complete 3 objectives in 1 shot. I can return my Mio box, close my StandChart account & go to Singpost all at Woodlands Civic Centre. Feelings wise, I still feel the same. Perhaps it'll really sink in & I'll get all emo as the date draws closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment