Sunday 6 April 2014

Unlucky With Electrical Appliances

The title says it all. I once bought a juicer which broke down after less than 10 usages. A blender that I was using emitted smoke & sparks. A digital camera gave off a burning smell before it broke down. This time, it was my Andis clipper. 4 months shy of 3 years it broke down on me while I was shaving Ton down in preparation for my absence & quarantine. Gosh... I hope this streak will end when I get to Perth. Can't be making purchases for replacement or sending the items for repair all the time right?

I've been grooming Ton Ton for a while now. Going to a groomer costs $50 per visit. I bought my clipper in 2011 for $268, the cheapest available model. Assuming that Ton needs a shave every 3 months, I would have gotten my clipper's worth in 1.5 years. That's excluding the cab transport fees since I don't have a car. Of course, I'm not very good at schnauzer cut so Ton has been making do with what I can offer. Can't be helped. I gotta do whatever I can to save money. It's even more imperative now coz I'm sure sending Ton to a groomer will cost a bomb.  

Ton will fly to Melbourne on 3rd June. With a 10 day quarantine, he will join us in mid June. That will give us 1.5 months to look for a place to stay & get settled down. With us flying over in less than a month, I still can't imagine what it will be like. Will I be overwhelmed by a sense of helplessness? Will I be in a state of panic, weighed down by fear of the unknown? Or will I be happy, living the life I've envisioned myself in? Ok, missy! *slaps self a couple of times* 1 step at a time. Worrying absolutely doesn't help.

No comments:

Post a Comment