Saturday 5 April 2014

Fell Down From The Sky

Hubby's friend who's offering us a room to stay in until we find our own rental place? She has a friend who's leasing out her 4X2 in Ellenbrook for $420 pw as the family is moving to another suburb. She's allowing dogs on her property & not going through agent means we save on the agent fee. I'm tempted as it'll mean solving the housing plus dog problem at 1 go. All that's left will be to find a job.

I've been monitoring the rental prices on Real Estate ever since we got our PR approved. There aren't that many houses that goes below $400 pw, even lesser when I filter it through to allow pets. So naturally you see why I'm excited over this turn of event. Of course, I'll have to put into consideration travelling distance to work. The other option is to work it the other way round, to find a job within reasonable distance from Ellenbrook. It's still too early for hasty decisions. Let's get our asses over there 1st.

Hubby's friend has insisted on picking us up at the airport despite us telling her that we can take a cab in since we'll arrive at 2335 hrs & it'll definitely be after midnight by the time we clear customs. She told us that the agenda is to go car hunting the very next day & encouraged us to sift through Carsales for our desired make, model & price which I've been doing for a while too. :P I've also been keeping tabs on job search websites. Singaporean mentality lah. Super kiasu. I like to do my homework before a move this big you see. Hubby doesn't do any of this research stuff but he's the 1 with the skills. I'm the brain & he's the brawn of our marriage. LOL.

I feel so indebted to the people who have offered us help & advice, namely asingaporeanson, ninja nurse & hubby's friend Jill. I promise you guys help if & when you need it (though nobody reads my blog) & I'll pay it forward by offering my help for others who are looking to migrate over. ;)

2 comments:

  1. You got yourself a new reader here. I hope you'll help me if and when it comes to my turn to make the move, although I'm Malaysian :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries! Drop me a msg when you're planning to make the move! ;)

    ReplyDelete