Sunday 14 February 2016

Back To Perth: Valentine's Day

When we woke up, there was another serving of bird's nest waiting for me. As hubs refused to have his share the previous round (supposedly smells like fart to him), the serving was much smaller this time round. We didn't have much time before we had to leave for the airport. I couldn't wait to go back to Perth last year. But this time, I was really emotional about it like I was when we 1st migrated to Oz. 

I didn't want to leave Wang & Puggy behind. But of course, I can't leave Ton & Basil behind in oz either. The only thing I can do is continue to send reiki to them. Before going back to Sg for CNY, we were discussing to visit Kyoto during the December shut down. But we decided to scrap the idea & contemplate going back to Sg instead. Kyoto can wait. But our family & dogs won't have forever.

As we were taking budget, we wouldn't have meals on flight. Hubs saw the Krispy Kreme outlet in the airport from far & announced that he wanted to try it. They were having special heart shaped donuts as it was Valentine's Day. We both agreed that there was nothing special about their donuts & couldn't fathom what the fuss was all about. 

The flight was on time, unlike our flight from Perth to Sin. It was back to routine once again. It was already 8 pm by the time we got home & once we set the luggage down, we headed over to D&J's to fetch Ton & Basil. They obviously had a good time as evidenced by their missing waistline. Lol.

Nothing fancy on Valentine's. No presents, no fancy meals. But then, we've never really celebrated it before. Hubs asked if I wanted flowers but my answer is the same to him every year. The money will be better spent elsewhere. Even if he gives me cauliflower or broccoli, I can turn it into lunch. Much more practical that way.

The old familiar flight schedule board.
Pretty evident that it is the year of the monkey.
"Lunch".
Heart shaped donuts.
Our flight awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment