Sunday 14 February 2016

Back To Sin: Day 10

Friday. The reality of our visitation coming to an end was on our mind. Our 2nd week was much more relaxed, less packed. We finalised what we wanted to bring back to Perth in the morning. I even took a short nap before heading out to meet my poly mates.

There once was nothing in Tanjong Pagar. Nobody ever goes there except for the people working in the vicinity. But in recent years, it's become something of a Korean town, with plenty of Korean restaurants & eateries. Korean it is for dinner.

We had kimchi pancake, crispy fried chicken, spicy seafood ramen & watermelon soju. This meal later prompted me to make kimchi when we got back to Perth as hubs whined about being left out on the Army Stew (which we didn't have) & the kimchi pancake.

A long queue began to form outside the restaurant & we actually walked to Chinatown. We sat in the hawker centre & had round 2. How I miss satay! I wouldn't have ordered the yam cake & chee cheong fun on my own but surprisingly, they tasted superb. 

The night wore on & soon it was time to part. We agreed to meet again the next time I'm back in Sg. 1 more group to meet the next day. I still feel the same: people are the hardest to leave behind.
This Korean meal prompted me to make kimchi.
The chee cheong fun & yam cake later prompted me to make them when we got back to Perth.

No comments:

Post a Comment