Sunday 14 February 2016

Back To Sin: Day 11

Home cooked meal by MIL.
"Last day" in Sg. Sunday didn't really count since our flight was at 1 pm, which meant we had to be at the airport before 11 am. We had lunch at my MIL's & I still couldn't get over how convenient it is to travel from BP to Punggol now with the new Downtown Line. My MIL had this bunch of "I don't know what it's called" ?flowers/?plant thingy. I've loved rubbing the furry buds between my fingers since young. I got my fill rubbing them & even contemplated pinching a few buds for the road. My MIL had to go to work & we headed home. Nap time again. Seemed like I did nothing but eat & sleep the entire duration of our visit. 

9goubuli.
I left for MBS to meet friends from my previous work place. Direct train on the Downtown Line once again. I was the 1st one there, followed by Dolly. The moment she arrived, she said she needed to get another dress as the 1 she was wearing was too tight fitting. So we headed to Zara & by the time we were done, J & C were already waiting for some time in 9goubuli, the restaurant J had chosen.
We quickly placed our order for an abalone louhei, fish maw soup, 狗不理包, mapo tofu, crispy chicken & seafood fried noodles. We were stuffed. But like the day before, we still went for round 2. The 4 of us shared a Hokkaido crepe cake & a chocolate lava cake. 

We're so Singaporean. We always connect through food & catch up over meals. Just sitting down to have a chat is never enough. Heh. How I've missed them but such is the fate of migrants. There's always something you have to give up to enjoy another life elsewhere. But at the same time, it is exactly becoz our time together is so precious, that we really value whatever we can squeeze out.
So pussy willow it is.

1 comment:

  1. The plant is known as Pussy Willow.

    I love to fondle the buds too.

    ReplyDelete