Wednesday 3 February 2016

Back To Sin: Day 1

Despite sleeping at 3 am the night before, I woke up at 7.30 am. Hubs started sneezing & it would continue for the rest of the day & probably for the entire duration of our stay. I wonder what it is in the air that he's reacting to.

I was excited to see Wang Wang (Chihuahua cross) & Puggy (Pug), the 2 dogs I left behind in Sg. I got very emo when I 1st laid eyes on Wang. He aged so much & is now looking frail compared to when I saw him last March. It makes me so scared that I won't see him again after I leave this time. Even Puggy's fur has turned white around his face. Immediately, I reiki-ed Wang & when I'm done with him, I'll do Puggy.

We headed to BPP & I had Pontian wanton noodles while hubs had economy beehoon. We walked around a bit & got prepaid sim card for use in Sg. We got home around 10 am, had a shower & left for Chinatown. There's a money changer that offers better than most rates that we use all the time. Having converted our Aussie to SGD, we headed down to 2am Dessert Bar in Holland V.

As we were early & hubs was hungry, he suggested having some food at the hawker centre. I told him to just get me sugarcane juice. But of course, he never listens. It's no wonder I find it so hard to lose weight. He came back with 1 plate of char kuay tiao & 1 plate of chai tao kuay. Zzz...

After watching last season's Masterchef Australia, I said I must try the Cassis Plum when I do come back to Sg. It was a pressure test dish. We had that on top of a 3 course dessert degustation. We actually preferred the Apple Gold which is similar but in a different flavour.

We were trying to solve the problem of carrying large amount of SGD & was considering heading to the bank the next morning. It wasn't ideal as we have a lunch at 11.30 am which is kinda tight time wise. It was then I spotted the DBS branch & problem solved. I even got my expired ATM card changed.

We headed back to BP & bought some CNY goodies as my parents haven't gotten them ready. Then he went to Old Chang Kee while I was busy paying for purchases, got himself an extra spicy curry puff, a string of fishballs & sotong head. He doesn't eat the sotong head. He bought it for me. Without my consent or knowledge. So I had no choice but to eat it. Men! They just don't listen!

Pontian wanton mee & economy bee hoon.
Top: Puggy.
Bottom: Wang Wang.
Char kuay tiao & cai tao kuay. Plus the sugar cane juice I asked for.
Coffee, Purple, Cassis Plum, Apple Gold, Chocolate H2O.

1 comment: