Thursday 4 February 2016

Back To Sin: Day 2

Our 1st stop for the day was lunch at Si Chuan Dou Hua with my parents on the 60th floor of the UOB Plaza. We boarded the feeder service & I was trying to ask my mom where the BP MRT station is. Turned out neither of my parents knew & a young lady within earshot informed us that the bus will stop just in front of the station. Only 10 months. The neighbourhood is familiar yet unfamiliar.
We walked my parents to the 190 bus stop just in front of Central & headed over to Marina Square at my request. Before we could even make our way to the bus stop, the sole of my left shoe came off. Not surprising, since I hadn't worn it since I left 21 months ago. So 1st stop was to Charles & Keith. I promptly selected a pair of royal blue lace flats & chuck the old ones in the bin.

My aim was to go to John Little but alas, it's gone. It certainly feels like the changes in Sg is happening at lightning speed. A new Japanese emporium has opened up & we had a walk through. That nice Hitachino Nest white ale we had during our last degustation, that we simply couldn't find in the liquor stores in Perth, we found it there. Then it was back home for a quick snooze.

I knew we were going to be out late as hub's friend arranged to meet us for dinner. Arriving home at 4.15 pm, I dropped into bed & I barely stirred when hub's alarm went off at 5 pm. He finally woke me up at 5.40 pm after he was done showering. Yeah, I don't know which 1 of us is the woman here. He spent 40 mins showering, leaving me with 20 mins to get ready. Thankfully, I'm not your typical woman & I got the job done in 15 mins.

D arrived promptly at 6 pm & drove us to Tuas for lok lok. Another couple joined us & we had a good catch up. We then made arrangements to meet on the 9th for drinks. It was almost 11 pm by the time we got home. Another packed to the brim itinerary day.

Dai Dai (Orange Peel) was the worst of them all. Too bitter for both our liking. Red Rice isn't too bad.
Lunch @ Si Chuan Dou Hua. Seafood Bamboo Fungus Soup, Wasabi Prawns, Mixed Vegetables & Mushrooms with Seafood, Peking Duck 2 Ways, XO Fried Rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment