Saturday 10 May 2014

1 Week Mark

No job, no income, stress level going up. I know it takes time but it's really hard to  take it easy when your money's going out but never coming in. This is made worse by the fact that the government has ordered a halt on advertising & recruitment for all public hospitals. The private hospital 30 mins away from where we're staying has only 2 places for the clinical enhancement program which will start in July. Whether I can get in or not is still a mystery. If I'm not chosen, I won't get the job. So I'm not holding out much hope.
The fast food restaurants won't take us becoz they only hire those below 18 which I heard is due to different pay rates. I was asked if I have police clearance & when I searched online, realised it cost $60+. Thankfully we still can drive with our SG license & have to worry about the conversion in another 2+ month's time. Some money you just have to spend. But where we can save, we do. So we ended up not getting a fridge (guess we'll have to survive on bread or fruits) or washing machine since we can still hand wash our clothes. I don't dare to explore so we can save on petrol.
It's like being trapped in a dark tunnel. I don't know when I'll see light at the end of it. I just hope the money will last till either of us get a job which I hope will be soon. Gotta hang in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment