Wednesday 7 May 2014

5 Days In Perth

Upon possession of the car, I realised that the odometer reads 197 thousand km. Oops. I think the 181 thousand km car is the 1 where the owner was asking for $3850. I guess that's why the timing belt becomes an issue & a leverage for bargaining. Hubs will be learning how to change the engine oil from D over the weekend. It's way overdue for changing & it's black like hell. There's a squeaking sound when we're braking hence the brake pads require changing as well. ATF requires changing as well coz it's already orange in colour. It needs a thorough cleaning coz it's super filty inside. Lots of stuff to get done.

Let's see what we've accomplished so far. We've gotten our own rental place for $430 per week & will be moving in on Sat. I've dropped off my resume at 2 nearby medical centres. Will be calling the hospital again since I've not been able to get the person in charge. But better still if I get employed by eother of the medical centre since it's within walking distance. I've applied for gas supply, but have to call the electricity company tomorrow as they can't detect the address. I've also applied for broadband & home line under iinet.

We went down to Medicare centre in Midland only to be rejected as we went through the customs electronically & our passports were not stamped. The counter staff requested for our boarding passes as proof of entry which I left at home. So we got to make another trip tomorrow. We didn't bother going to Centrelink since I suspect we'll encounter the same problem. The driving licensing centre was just next to Medicare but they require an ATM card & Medicare card on top of our passport to proceed with the license conversion (kinda like the 100 points check). But we did get our transfer of car ownership form submitted & parted with 8% of the selling price. :(

I love the cooling weather (I try not to think of summer). I love how far I can see without tall buildings blocking my view. I love how you will not be judged based on what you wear or what car you're driving. I love searching for 2nd handed goods on gumtree though I have a big headache wondering how to transport the big items if I do buy. I believe things will fall into place once I get a job & we can truly enjoy life here in Perth.

No comments:

Post a Comment