Monday 19 May 2014

Is It Depression?

It seems as though he's always angry. Over small things. This morning, I saw him sitting in the living room staring into space & I asked, "Why are you staring into space?" He flew into a rage, saying, "Then what do you want me to do?" He then stormed out of the house, banging the door on his way out. He sat in the patio & resumed staring into space. Since then, he refused to be in the same room as I am. If he's in the bedroom & I came in, he'll go to the living room & vice versa.

I feel so scared & alone. I have no one to talk to. I'm really hurt by his attitude. Perhaps he's angry that I got him into such a situation? But we're in this together. Why we can't support each other in this difficult time? I have no intention of disturbing others over such a thing & I don't think he'll appreciate me sharing with people we hardly know anyway. I can only cry in silence. What should I do? Or perhaps a better question will be, what can I do?

2 comments:

  1. Majority of emigrants had went through the same stage as you and most of them found a job within 3-5 months. It is really important for both of you to stay positive during this challenging times. Why not plan to start a few activities such as joining a group, working volunteer, etc rather than staying at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, I have my Soka group but we don't havr internet at the moment so not convenient but it's coming up on Thurs so that'll give us something to do (search for jobs etc). I tried getting him to go out but he'll just say no mood. It has to come from a 3rd party. He's not listening to me.

    ReplyDelete