Sunday 4 May 2014

Taking Flight

Wrote this on the flight to Perth, 2nd May.

I cried for a while as the plane took off to the sky. The sunset was so beautiful, the sky so clear I could see all the way down to the ocean despite being at an altitude of 41 thousand feet. But all I could feel was the sorrow of having left home. Hubs felt the same way as I did. He told me to look forward to our life in Perth, to our 1st employment, 1st pay check, 1st home. I do. All the uncertainties could not overshadow how much I miss home. Even though I've only just left.

All I could think about was how to arrange for my parents to visit us in Perth. In the end, they still matter a lot to me. So I asked hubs if he will mind if my parents come over for a holiday. He said how can he say no knowing that I'm so affected by the move? With his acceptance, I feel so much better, knowing that some day soon I can have my parents visit us.

No comments:

Post a Comment