Monday 12 May 2014

Feeling Down

好久没吃到饱了。Yup, you read it right. To ensure I stretch my money as far as it will go, I've been eating 2 slices of bread as brunch & sharing a packet of instant noodles with hubs for dinner. I want to remember this. If 1 day I make it, it'll serve as a reminder of my humble beginnings. If I don't, I have to return to SG & stick to this regime until I find a job there. The thing is, I don't want to go back.

I have no clues how to "make it" here. Am I being too impatient? I didn't get any replies from all the jobs I've applied. Not even the nursing agencies. Except for KFC which sent us an email telling us that we've not been shortlisted. I suspected as much when Hungry Jacks told us they only hire those under 18.

We try not to switch on the lights until we absolutely have to so we don't incur high electricity bills. & when we do, we stay in the same room so we only have to switch on 1 light. I'm not sure how much this will help though.

With nothing to do, except to 你看我, 我看你, we walked to the town centre about a km away. Took us about 20 mins. It's a revelation how I've taken things for granted back in SG. The smell of food on empty stomach is both pleasant & unpleasant at the same time. I looked at the groceries I yearn to buy but instead grab the $1.09 home brand instant noodles.

I'm terrified that I've made a mistake bringing Ton Ton to Australia. I should have waited till I have a stable income. What if I can't find a job before my money runs out & have to return? Will I be able to send Ton back to SG with me? I can go hungry but I can't let him go hungry with me. The only thing left to do is pray hard that I get hired soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment