Saturday 24 May 2014

Brewing A Cup Of Storm

There's been intermittent heavy downpour accompanied by howling winds for the past few days. The cold made me wonder if I need to buy "winter coat" for Ton. He'll be fine at night when he sleeps with us in bed. It's the daytime that I'm worried about. He's lazy by nature & he'll be cold if he's just lying around. Not a problem if he's out walking coz that generates body heat. I shall do a search once my internet is up.

We finally bought the 5w LED spotlights from Bunnings in Midland. Hubs switched out the 6 pieces of 35w halogen spotlights in the dinning & kitchen area for the LED ones. We've been cooking & eating in the dark, relying on the living area light for fear of incurring expensive eletrical bills. It's amazing. The 5w LED bulbs are even brighter than the 35w halogen ones. D said that when he 1st moved into his rental place, his 1st eletrical bill was $600+. It was then he realised that the house was fitted with high wattage halogen bulbs. Once he made the switch to LED ones, his subsequent bills went down to $300+.

After Bunnings, we made our way to kaikan for the MD friendship meeting. Everytime I attended activities, I bring away with me a deeper sense of appreciation & new knowledge. It may seem weird, but 1 time while I was doing daimoku, I had this image in my mind. Shakyamumi was preaching under a tree & I was an ant that happened to pass by on the ground in front of him. I wonder if that was the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment