Sunday 25 May 2014

Belly Full Of Meat

Landlord invited us to her new place for BBQ lunch. On the way there, D & J bought  apple strudel from this famous brand, D & S. I told hubs that since they bought something sweet, we'll buy something savoury. So we bought mini pies to bring to the party.

Hubs helped to barbecue the food while I fed him on & off. Lol. The strudel was great & I said when I'm able to, I'll definitely try to make it from scratch. The custard won't be difficult. But to make really good pastry, that would be difficult. To think that having a BBQ is our favourite event back in SG.

I got to know L at the party who lives very near me. She has a 5 year old maltese & she asked me to bring Ton over when he arrives so that they can play together. Haha. Looks like Ton will be having a new friend soon. Of the 3, he's the most sociable 1. Puggy will always piss off other dogs somehow while Wang will always be very territorial.

Whenever people (especially females) hear that I'm an operating theatre nurse, they get freaked & grossed out. The usual questions would be, "Doesn't all that blood scare you?" or "Doesn't seeing the internal organs scare you?" Erm... not really. Rather than the sights, the only thing I had to get used to is the smell. Especially the smell of burnt tissue from diathermy usage & if I'm assisting in colon surgeries, the smell of watery diarrhea like stools.

The reason I left was becoz of the nasty seniors & surgeons. The seniors had their own cliques & you can never "infiltrate" them. I would read novels during break times but it didn't really bothered me. I was happy to be left alone. I did clinic & home nursing for a while but eventually went back to theatre. That was how I ended up doing eye. Having gone around, I know for certain that theatre is where I belong. I was in eye for almost 6 years & I know my work pretty well. But it is my wish to go back to general surgery to master the skills. I gave up too easily back then but I'm older now & am more tenacious. Therefore, my prayers are very resolute. I want to be accepted into the program at the hospital 30 mins away. When one has done all one can, the only thing left to do is pray with a strong ichinen. Towards victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment