Friday 2 May 2014

12 More Hours

12 more hours till we leave for the airport. I spent my day having lunch with 3 of my friends & dinner at my MIL's. Then we did some final tidying & packing till 12+ mn. Hubs surprised me by asking me to go for a walk around the neighbourhood. We didn't walk much, just to the 7-11 for drinks. Beer for him & the new honey lemon drink from Pokka for me. We sat at the bench beside the playground downstairs, reminiscing.

We sat there for the 1st time 4.5 years ago on the night he asked me to be his girlfriend. Tonight, it was hub's turn to be emo. He felt very sad as we tidied our room. I repeated to him the words of comfort he told me last night. That to have such feelings is normal. That no matter what we will always have each other.

I've declined requests from friends to send me off at the airport. I hate goodbyes & I don't want to leave in tears. Emo feelings aside, I'm once again griped by fear of not being able to land a job. Seriously, if no hospitals want to hire me, I don't mind working at the fast food restaurant or supermarket. Give me midnight shifts, make me work all weekends, give me physically taxing jobs. I'm fine with that. But what if nobody wants to hire me at all?
This is my greatest fear. This is my bright idea. I must keep us afloat no matter what. Hubs gave up everything to support my dream of living in Australia. I can't fail him. To banish fear, 1 must have courage. I must keep in mind that NMHRGK is my lion's roar. Absolute victory & absolute happiness is my goal. I must not let fear take over.

No comments:

Post a Comment