Wednesday 14 May 2014

Gratitude For The Realisations

Empty house, no form of entertainment,  just the 2 of us. Took a short leisurely stroll around the mini park outside our place in pyjamas & froze my toes off from wearing slippers. Then, we stood outside the house, stared at the cloudy night sky & talked.

Coming here, experiencing mostly downs, awakened us to how much we've taken things for granted in SG. Hubs actually said he missed having my parents around. I could hardly believe my ears. The house is too quiet without them & he told me he has no objections if I want to bring them over 1 day.

We talked about our 'old' life in SG. It was back home after work, watched movies or Naruto together, played with the dogs and repeat the next day. It's not so much about the activities but rather having the entire family together. It made me miss home so much that having to return to SG doesn't seem such a terrible prospect afterall. But of course, if I have a choice (& a job), I rather stay here & bring my parents & dogs over.

Becoz we have so much time to spare, hubs actually listened to me talk about the origins & basics of Nichiren Buddhism. Even he himself laughed, saying that he was never interested until now. In the absence of tv, internet & other distractions, I actually got a chance to share with him what & why I practise. It's as though I managed to catch a glimpse of the bigger picture here. For that I am very grateful. Leaving the worries for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment