Friday 16 May 2014

2 Weeks Mark

On Nix's introduction, we got to know P & J. They invited us over for a chat today. They very kindly served us lunch & gave us some household items. I'm indebted to so many people now I pray that 1 day I'll have the means to repay them.
We headed to the Convention Centre after leaving P & J's as D told us there's a work fair on till Sunday. When we got there, we found out that it was more for the students out of secondary school. The booths are mainly put up by Universities advocating their numerous courses & not so much for adults looking for jobs. Driving there, hubs got frustrated with the GPD & kept cursing & swearing so I offered to drive back.
Driving back home, I was trying to make a right turn but took up too much space that the cars opposite couldn't turn. By then it was impossible to make the turn due to on coming traffic & I couldn't reverse becoz there were cars behind me. When I finally made the turn, I gestured an apology to the driver opposite. He rolled down his window & yelled "You fucking idiot!" I felt really crappy. This will serve as a reminder to try to be nice to others becoz i won't know what they're going through. If their life's in a mess, being nasty to them will only make them feel worse.
Everybody I've met told me it's only been 2 weeks since I've been here so there's no need to be too stressed about being unable to find a job. I just have this fear that nobody will want to hire me. My only true  option is operating theatre but I only have eye experience & Lions Eye Institute isn't hiring. Major hospitals feel that I don't have General Surgery skills & therefore are choosing others over me. (I have GS experience but that's 10 years ago.) I haven't done ward nursing for more than a decade so that's worse. I'm willing to learn but 1st someone must be willing to give me that opportunity.

2 comments:

  1. would work in aged care, disabled care, nursing home etc or as care worker also good place to start out ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried applying to aged care but it's either no news at all or they tell me I'm not shortlisted. Medical centres also not successful. Running out of options.

      Delete