Tuesday 20 May 2014

A Somewhat Funny Post

I was becoming aware of this pain on my inner thigh yesterday evening. The pain is similar to chaffing abrasion on fat thighs. Upon exmination, I realised that it was an abscess instead & it is now the size of a grown man's nipple with surrounding areola.  I kid you not. It hurts like crazy & I can't find a weak spot to pierce through. I tried pinching off the top layer of skin with my nails but no matter how much & how hard I squeezed, only blood & serous fluid came out. I'm hoping to "ripen" it by applying a plaster over it.

J invited us over again, under the guise of requiring hubs to help her fix up a planter box. But I know she's just trying to get us out of the house & having something to do & someone to talk to. We spent the entire day with her. She drove us to the shops she usually goes to for groceries & all of us  fetched P from the train station after work. They insisted we stay over for dinner despite our protests. I realised we had something in common; a passion for reading. P was showing me his Kindle, an e-reader & I told myself that this will be my gift to myself the moment I land a job. I so desire to repay them for their kindness.

I nearly had a heart attack back home. I was already done with my evening gongyo & was doing daimoku when I heard what sounded like someone trying to open the sliding door in the laundry area. I was sure hubs was in the room as I didn't see him walk past. I called out to him & he went to check it out. Turned out it was just the neighbour's cat scratching at the door to be allowed in. On hindsight, a burglar wouldn't be so dumb as to break into a house with its occupants in it right? I was chanting & the houses here have paper thin walls. I wonder if my chanting attracted the cat coz it does that to Ton. He'll come up & prostrate himself in front of the butsudan when I'm chanting.

I'm a survivor. I know I'll get through this. Having my Buddhist faith & reading my books on Buddhist studies really helped me a lot. But hubs rather sit around & stare into the distance regardless of what I say. The saying is so true. You can pull a horse to the water but you can't force him to drink. Well, at least being at P & J's today helped him heaps. We learnt today that Wed is petrol day where the pump prices are lower. So I'll make use of the chance to get him out of the house & to do some exploring - since he doesn't trust my driving & I'm the only 1 who knows how to work the petrol pump (I taught him but he just can't seem to get it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment